Women’s perfumes with best sillage and longevity, it is probably one the most important criteria (if you want to say that) when you think of buying a perfume.
Perfume is a cosmetic product whose utility is to change the natural smell of the body into a pleasant one. The same perfume can emit different scents on different people, depending on the acidity of the skin and other factors related to diet, medication, pigmentation. Perfumes delimit a class of cosmetics distinct from that of deodorants and antiperspirants, although confusions are a commonplace in the usual behavior of consumers in the beauty industry. Depending on the concentration of aromatic compounds, perfumes are conventionally delimited in the following classes. Due to the prestige of French perfumery, the terms have become internationalized as such, becoming valid denominations regardless of the natural language of the consumer.
The perfume extract (or, more simply, the perfume as such) contains the highest concentration of aromatic compounds, between 15% and 40%. High concentration means higher intensity and duration. These characteristics are reflected in the price of the extract, usually higher than in the case of the categories of products with lower concentration.
Fragrance Spirit (ESdP)
The perfume spirit represents an intermediate variant between the perfume extract and the perfume water, with a concentration between 15% and 30%. Like the extract, it is less preferred by the conventional consumer of the beauty industry for price reason.
Eau de parfum (Edp)
With a concentration between 10% and 20%, perfume water is the top option for the average consumer, proving, in terms of intensity and longevity, the best performance (compared to eau de toilette or products with low concentration). Some perfume houses also present their products in this category under the name of Parfum de Toilette (PdT) or Milesime, although it denotes the same reality of concentration and, therefore, the same product class.
Eau de toilette (EdT)
Eau de toilette has a concentration between 5% and 15%, to the detriment of intensity and longevity, but in favor of accessibility. It is, on this basis, the preferred category of perfume for the average consumer. For refreshment and renewal of the effect, it is recommended to apply several times a day.
Eau de cologne has aromatic compounds in a concentration of 3% -8%. This category is usually associated with certain olfactory families, namely, citrus and cypress essences, which excel in the freshness of the scent (fresh). An alternative name used especially for cologne designed for women, although less commonly used, is Eau de Fraiche (or Eau Franchise). The effect is much less durable and less intense, which is why repeated application is recommended.
For me, a fragrance’s worth-it-ness is judged on its staying power, or sillage, if you’re fancy, which is French for “wake.” It’s used to describe a scent trail, its ability to linger in the air behind you, walking down the street.
Silage isn’t about whether a scent contains strong or powerful ingredients. Put differently, a perfume can be powerful but not lasting. It comes down to how long it radiates off of your skin.
Here is a list of women’s perfumes with best sillage and longevity:
10. Miss Dior for Women by Dior
MISS DIOR CHERIE is a women’s fragrance that possesses a blend of strawberry leaf, patchouli, violet, mandarin, musk, and jasmine. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.The top note is Italian mandarin;middle notes are Egyptian jasmine and rose;Base notes are patchouli and musk. It is recommended for evening wear but not only.
9. Cinema By Yves Saint Laurent For Women
Is not very overpowering. However, this quickly transforms into a gorgeous white floral. The drydown is almost beyond words. It is warm amber and white musk with a little balsam to keep it from being too heavy.
8. Max Mara By Max Mara For Women
Luxurious and complex, just like the woman who chooses to wear it. Max Mara accentuates your style and individuality. Top notes include, citrus, ginger.
7. Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Thierry Mugler was born in 1948 in Strasbourg, France. He initially trained as a ballet dancer, but also studied design. In 1970, he moved to Paris and, while earning his living decorating shop windows, he also created clothes. She started her collection for women in 1974, following, after four years, a clothing line for men.His first boutique opened in Paris in 1978.His clothing lines were known primarily for their rigidity and exaggeratedly angular shape, with very wide shoulders and very narrow waists.His first haute couture collection debuted in 1992, and in the mid-1990s, he saw an explosion of boutique openings around the world. In 1992, Mugler launched the first innovative perfume for women, Angel, being an international success, and in 1997 he launched his first men’s perfume, A * MEN. A cascade of new popular perfumes followed: Mugler Cologne, B * Men, Angel Garden of Stars, Alien, A * Men Summer Flash, Mugler Cologne Summer Flash, Summer Flash, Innocent Secret, The Coffret, The Story of a Murderer, ICE * Men, Greg Plitt and Eau de Star.
Despite its popularity and innovative style, Casa Mugler was taken over in the 1990s by Clarins, a cosmetics and skin care company, and was the designer’s partner for seven years. In 1997, Clarins became the sole owner of the Mugler House. Today, the brand is known for its multitude of perfumes.
The famous Angel perfume launched in 1992 by Thierry Mugler is a true symbol of the oriental class, the important names behind it being Olivier Cresp and Yves de Chirin. The olfactory explosion from the beginning is meant to surprise your senses through notes of watermelon, coconut, vibrating tangerine, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy.
The ingredients specific to the middle area never cease to impress the representatives of the female public, for whom they bring to the fore a mix difficult to imagine, based on dizzying combinations established between floral and fruity notes. Apricots, blackberries and plums are contrasted by the accents of jasmine, lily and rose.
Belonging to the oriental – woody category is attested by the dark spectacle of Tonka beans, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel.
A flow of powerful ingredients manages to complete a deeply gourmet image, which has won many important awards in the perfume industry since its launch. You will be surprised by the honey-rich curtain that exposes the scene adorned by the accords of meringue, peach and passion fruit, three dizzying ingredients that do not predict for even a second the floral show in the middle of the Angel perfume.
After the glorious moments of the gourmet accents in the opening, Angel invites us with a strong floral veil, the main characters in this area being jasmine and lily. A predefined mixture of honey, patchouli and caramel gives way to the duet between musk and berries, a combination that announces the serious tone of the woody notes under which the feminine composition of the Angel perfume will develop. Thierry Mugler relied on a delicious background of vanilla and fragrant caramels, which are projected on the skin in a dry and mysterious way. This is for sure, one of the best sillage women’s perfume on the market.
6. Knowing By Estee Lauder For Women The Estee Lauder brand, one of the most recognized in terms of skin care products, cosmetics, perfumes and hair care products, was founded in 1943 by Estee Lauder and her husband Joseph.A company that started with only four products, has today become preferred worldwide at the expense of other brands.In 2003, Estee Lauder’s sales exceeded $ 5 trillion. KNOWING is a women’s fragrance that possesses a blend of a light floral, rich with mosses and woods. A great choice if you want a long lasting fragrance.
5. Le Baiser Du Dragon By Cartier For Women
Very sexy, sensual and decadent scent. Indeed, this are perfect words which describes perfect Le Baiser Du Dragon. Exotic and intense, it will transport you into the world of fairytale dragons, princesses and princes. Le Baiser Du Dragon de Cartier is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women, launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Le Baiser Du Dragon stands out with a lush blend of sweet and bitter aromas woven with soft accords of jasmine, rose, neroli and iris flowers.A real route of fine and elegant chords that envelops you throughout the day.
4. Samsara By Guerlain For Women Guerlain Samsara’s refined aroma, launched in 1989, reflects the sentiments and enigmatic side of the woman.It represents a symbol of elegance and sensuality, which ennobles the true feminine beauty.The memorable perfume is intended for romantic and passionate women. The top of the fragrant pyramid grows with intense accords of bergamot, lemon, green tones, peach and Ylang Ylang.Sublime motifs of jasmine, iris, narcissus, rose, violet and Ylang Ylang pulsate in the heart notes, and the aromatic base fascinates with delicate accents of gray, amber, Tonka bean, musk, sandalwood and vanilla, which give the perfume a refined accent. The perfume is part of the group of woody-oriental aromas and is suitable for both ordinary days and special events.
3. Jasmin Noir By Bvlgari
A fantastic scent with strong sillage, the woodsy base holds a great aroma that lasts and sheds sweet exotic smells of mandarin, sandle wood, and of course jasmine. Jasmin Noir perfume is dedicated to women who display a certain maturity and sensuality, an aspect that decreases their versatility, especially if we think of the female audience younger than 25 years. A lush rhapsody for the Bvlgari brand, Jasmin Noir is perceived as a refined presence on the windows of specialty stores, a status generated by the slightly peppery price, unusual compared to the other essences launched over time.
The signature of perfumers Carlos Benaim and Sophie Labbe was decisive for the birth of a dual aroma, which nonchalantly displays the sharp contrast between masculine and feminine notes. Intuitively, the basic aroma remains jasmine, a central ingredient that manages to expose in turn many valences, completely different from what you have tested so far. The delicate petals of jasmine are touched by the mystery of woody notes, which try to minimize their brightness, providing a sensual, precious scent, whose stable persistence can be dizzying for a person unfamiliar with pregnant floral accents. The composition opens with a refreshing touch of succulent green plants, along with the soft gardenia flowers.His heart empathizes with the authentic Sambac jasmine, which envelops you with an overwhelmingly sweet veil.The mixture is satiny by the alcohol smell of dried almonds, frivolous accents that fade on a dark wooden background. The illustrative notes for the base of the perfume are tonka beans and licorice. The Jasmine Noir fragrance commercial highlights the seductive Kate Moss, in a lush setting on the Spanish island of Ibiza. She wears an oversized necklace sprinkled with precious diamonds, which of course bears the seal of the Bvlgari brand.
2. Thierry Mugler Alien
Alien radiates light from her golden temple, a place of happiness, inundated with a beneficial aura a palace decorated with precious stones of various powers, irradiating fullness and positive energy. The bottle holding this elixir is reminiscent of a sacred stone.
1. 24 Faubourg By Hermes For Women For sure, a top choice for a strong sillage perfume is 24 Faubourg By Hermes. This is a very sophisticated fragrance, it is soft, sweet and ladylike, but not too flowery.This is a very dressed up, fragrance and a great perfume to wear when you would like to give the air of classic chic.
"It's a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It's all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together. "
“Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is to rejuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They feel more joyous.”
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.