Women’s perfumes with best sillage and longevity, it is probably one the most important criteria (if you want to say that) when you think of buying a perfume.
Perfume is a cosmetic product whose utility is to change the natural smell of the body into a pleasant one. The same perfume can emit different scents on different people, depending on the acidity of the skin and other factors related to diet, medication, pigmentation. Perfumes delimit a class of cosmetics distinct from that of deodorants and antiperspirants, although confusions are a commonplace in the usual behavior of consumers in the beauty industry. Depending on the concentration of aromatic compounds, perfumes are conventionally delimited in the following classes. Due to the prestige of French perfumery, the terms have become internationalized as such, becoming valid denominations regardless of the natural language of the consumer.
The perfume extract (or, more simply, the perfume as such) contains the highest concentration of aromatic compounds, between 15% and 40%. High concentration means higher intensity and duration. These characteristics are reflected in the price of the extract, usually higher than in the case of the categories of products with lower concentration.
Fragrance Spirit (ESdP)
The perfume spirit represents an intermediate variant between the perfume extract and the perfume water, with a concentration between 15% and 30%. Like the extract, it is less preferred by the conventional consumer of the beauty industry for price reason.
Eau de parfum (Edp)
With a concentration between 10% and 20%, perfume water is the top option for the average consumer, proving, in terms of intensity and longevity, the best performance (compared to eau de toilette or products with low concentration). Some perfume houses also present their products in this category under the name of Parfum de Toilette (PdT) or Milesime, although it denotes the same reality of concentration and, therefore, the same product class.
Eau de toilette (EdT)
Eau de toilette has a concentration between 5% and 15%, to the detriment of intensity and longevity, but in favor of accessibility. It is, on this basis, the preferred category of perfume for the average consumer. For refreshment and renewal of the effect, it is recommended to apply several times a day.
Eau de cologne has aromatic compounds in a concentration of 3% -8%. This category is usually associated with certain olfactory families, namely, citrus and cypress essences, which excel in the freshness of the scent (fresh). An alternative name used especially for cologne designed for women, although less commonly used, is Eau de Fraiche (or Eau Franchise). The effect is much less durable and less intense, which is why repeated application is recommended.
For me, a fragrance’s worth-it-ness is judged on its staying power, or sillage, if you’re fancy, which is French for “wake.” It’s used to describe a scent trail, its ability to linger in the air behind you, walking down the street.
Silage isn’t about whether a scent contains strong or powerful ingredients. Put differently, a perfume can be powerful but not lasting. It comes down to how long it radiates off of your skin.
Here is a list of women’s perfumes with best sillage and longevity:
10. Miss Dior for Women by Dior
MISS DIOR is a women’s fragrance that possesses a blend of strawberry leaf, patchouli, violet, mandarin, musk, and jasmine. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.The top note is Italian mandarin; middle notes are Egyptian jasmine and rose. Base notes are patchouli and musk.It is recommended for evening wear, but not only. A wonderful song written for a free spirit, a young and elegant woman.Incurable romance, Miss Dior inspires an intense and playful love.She embodies the exuberance of a spontaneous joy, that flow of joy that encodes the smile of a gentle, contemporary woman.
9. Cinema By Yves Saint Laurent For Women
Is not very overpowering. However, this quickly transforms into a gorgeous white floral. The drydown is almost beyond words. It is warm amber and white musk with a little balsam to keep it from being too heavy. Cinema was launched in 2004. Top notes are clementine, cyclamen and almond blossom;middle notes are peony, amaryllis lily and jasmine;Base notes are amber, benzoin, musk and vanilla.Even if the name of the Cinema perfume reminds you of dramatic romantic scenes, the essence of the YSL signature is a distinct presence on the lush shop windows of specialty stores.A single spray is enough to attract the attention of those around you, its popular aroma sensory exploring the cashmere touch of amber and powdered vanilla.A lush and syrupy scent is sustained by the golden notes of almonds, oranges and jasmine, offering towards the end a spicy hint.
8. Giorgio Armani Si Intense Launched in 2014 as a must-have addition to the Si collection, the Giorgio Armani Si Intense perfume retains the sweet scent of blackcurrant leaf, which it sprinkles with revitalizing bergamot and tangerine accents.Desiring to be a much more persistent perfume than the original Giorgio Armani Si, the elixir housed in the bottle colored in glossy black surprises with the deep floral tones it brings to the surface in the second situation. Thus, its nucleus reveals passionate accords of rose, Neroli, Osmanthus and Artemisia, the floral notes continuing the aromatic plea of the white freesias from the beginning.Overall, the Giorgio Armani Si Intense perfume is a much denser chypre than the original, designed for a strong and passionate woman who is not afraid to take risks.
7. Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Thierry Mugler was born in 1948 in Strasbourg, France. He initially trained as a ballet dancer, but also studied design. In 1970, he moved to Paris and, while earning his living decorating shop windows, he also created clothes. She started her collection for women in 1974, following, after four years, a clothing line for men.His first boutique opened in Paris in 1978.His clothing lines were known primarily for their rigidity and exaggeratedly angular shape, with very wide shoulders and very narrow waists.His first haute couture collection debuted in 1992, and in the mid-1990s, he saw an explosion of boutique openings around the world. In 1992, Mugler launched the first innovative perfume for women, Angel, being an international success, and in 1997 he launched his first men’s perfume, A * MEN. A cascade of new popular perfumes followed: Mugler Cologne, B * Men, Angel Garden of Stars, Alien, A * Men Summer Flash, Mugler Cologne Summer Flash, Summer Flash, Innocent Secret, The Coffret, The Story of a Murderer, ICE * Men, Greg Plitt and Eau de Star.
Despite its popularity and innovative style, Casa Mugler was taken over in the 1990s by Clarins, a cosmetics and skin care company, and was the designer’s partner for seven years. In 1997, Clarins became the sole owner of the Mugler House. Today, the brand is known for its multitude of perfumes.
The famous Angel perfume launched in 1992 by Thierry Mugler is a true symbol of the oriental class, the important names behind it being Olivier Cresp and Yves de Chirin. The olfactory explosion from the beginning is meant to surprise your senses through notes of watermelon, coconut, vibrating tangerine, jasmine, bergamot and cotton candy.
The ingredients specific to the middle area never cease to impress the representatives of the female public, for whom they bring to the fore a mix difficult to imagine, based on dizzying combinations established between floral and fruity notes. Apricots, blackberries and plums are contrasted by the accents of jasmine, lily and rose.
Belonging to the oriental – woody category is attested by the dark spectacle of Tonka beans, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, dark chocolate and caramel.
A flow of powerful ingredients manages to complete a deeply gourmet image, which has won many important awards in the perfume industry since its launch. You will be surprised by the honey-rich curtain that exposes the scene adorned by the accords of meringue, peach and passion fruit, three dizzying ingredients that do not predict for even a second the floral show in the middle of the Angel perfume.
After the glorious moments of the gourmet accents in the opening, Angel invites us with a strong floral veil, the main characters in this area being jasmine and lily. A predefined mixture of honey, patchouli and caramel gives way to the duet between musk and berries, a combination that announces the serious tone of the woody notes under which the feminine composition of the Angel perfume will develop. Thierry Mugler relied on a delicious background of vanilla and fragrant caramels, which are projected on the skin in a dry and mysterious way. This is for sure, one of the best sillage women’s perfume on the market.
6. Knowing By Estee Lauder For Women The Estee Lauder brand, one of the most recognized in terms of skin care products, cosmetics, perfumes and hair care products, was founded in 1943 by Estee Lauder and her husband Joseph.A company that started with only four products, has today become preferred worldwide at the expense of other brands.In 2003, Estee Lauder’s sales exceeded $ 5 trillion. KNOWING is a women’s fragrance that possesses a blend of a light floral, rich with mosses and woods. A great choice if you want a long lasting fragrance.
5. Le Baiser Du Dragon By Cartier For Women
Very sexy, sensual and decadent scent. Indeed, this are perfect words which describes perfect Le Baiser Du Dragon. Exotic and intense, it will transport you into the world of fairytale dragons, princesses and princes. Le Baiser Du Dragon de Cartier is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women, launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas.Topnotesaregardenia, bitteralmonds, amarettoandneroli; middlenotesareiris, musk, jasmine, cedarandrose; Basenotesareamber, patchouli, benzoin, darkchocolate, caramel, vetiverandcedar. Le Baiser Du Dragon stands out with a lush blend of sweet and bitter aromas woven with soft accords of jasmine, rose, neroli and iris flowers.A real route of fine and elegant chords that envelops you throughout the day. It is a sophisticated perfume, designed in different stages. It can be ferocious or gentle. A wonderful accessory for an autumn or winter night, which gives an extra personality to any of it. It is a very unique, oriental and green perfume. While the notes of vetiver and jasmine make it green, the accents of amaretto and benzoin make it spicy. The result is a semi-formal, well-balanced and unique scent. A little sweet, but not gourmand. Very comfortable and spicy, dangerously deep. Other women compare this perfume to Gloria de la Cacharel (a rarity also compared to Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum). The bottle of Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon perfume is Asian-inspired, with a sharp black detail in the center. It is indeed a sober, private, introverted, isolated perfume with a mature scent. In some places he remembers Jasmine Empress Eugenie de la Creed, sharing with him that spicy base, with warm tones of siasomia. In the initial chaotic and intoxicating dust of this oriental woody essence you can feel the thorns of vetiver, almond and orange liqueur (coming out of an initial arrangement dulce amaretto – neroli) and an aroma of incense, a few spices and cedar. These are the key elements of the Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon perfume; vetiver complex, amaretto cool, but spicy, with shades of rose and jasmine. This smell is a piece of balance and ambivalence. In the middle of this story, the musk barely manages to counteract the woody hardness of the cedar, while the sophisticated female iris and an earthly rose merge to solve the unisex aspect of the essence.
4. Samsara By Guerlain For Women Guerlain Samsara’s refined aroma, launched in 1989, reflects the sentiments and enigmatic side of the woman.It represents a symbol of elegance and sensuality, which ennobles the true feminine beauty.The memorable perfume is intended for romantic and passionate women. The top of the fragrant pyramid grows with intense accords of bergamot, lemon, green tones, peach and Ylang Ylang.Sublime motifs of jasmine, iris, narcissus, rose, violet and Ylang Ylang pulsate in the heart notes, and the aromatic base fascinates with delicate accents of gray, amber, Tonka bean, musk, sandalwood and vanilla, which give the perfume a refined accent. The perfume is part of the group of woody-oriental aromas and is suitable for both ordinary days and special events. Samsara is a real gourmet feast, that imperial aroma of spicy burnt sugar cream, next to which there are fantastic assortments of chocolate cakes, each piece being sprinkled with a spicy veil, almost unbearable.Smelling Samsara, you get the impression that you are covering yourself with a delicious, rich, heavy cloak, sprinkled with vague vanilla and rum accents, all sprinkled with an amalgam of oriental spices, ready to take your breath away.
3. Jasmin Noir By Bvlgari
A fantastic scent with strong sillage, the woodsy base holds a great aroma that lasts and sheds sweet exotic smells of mandarin, sandle wood, and of course jasmine. Jasmin Noir perfume is dedicated to women who display a certain maturity and sensuality, an aspect that decreases their versatility, especially if we think of the female audience younger than 25 years. A lush rhapsody for the Bvlgari brand, Jasmin Noir is perceived as a refined presence on the windows of specialty stores, a status generated by the slightly peppery price, unusual compared to the other essences launched over time.
The signature of perfumers Carlos Benaim and Sophie Labbe was decisive for the birth of a dual aroma, which nonchalantly displays the sharp contrast between masculine and feminine notes. Intuitively, the basic aroma remains jasmine, a central ingredient that manages to expose in turn many valences, completely different from what you have tested so far. The delicate petals of jasmine are touched by the mystery of woody notes, which try to minimize their brightness, providing a sensual, precious scent, whose stable persistence can be dizzying for a person unfamiliar with pregnant floral accents. The composition opens with a refreshing touch of succulent green plants, along with the soft gardenia flowers.His heart empathizes with the authentic Sambac jasmine, which envelops you with an overwhelmingly sweet veil.The mixture is satiny by the alcohol smell of dried almonds, frivolous accents that fade on a dark wooden background. The illustrative notes for the base of the perfume are tonka beans and licorice. The Jasmine Noir fragrance commercial highlights the seductive Kate Moss, in a lush setting on the Spanish island of Ibiza. She wears an oversized necklace sprinkled with precious diamonds, which of course bears the seal of the Bvlgari brand.
2. Thierry Mugler Alien Alien is a perfume that spreads its mysterious aura, its name being suggestive for the resounding mix it would bring to the fore. Thirteen years after the excessive promotion of Angel perfume, which quickly won the sympathy of the female audience, Thierry Mugler decided to once again challenge the beauty industry by promoting a charming floral essence. Alien is a magic elixir captured in a distorted glass with a minimalist design. The bottle takes the shape of a strange object, illustrating the pattern of a philosopher’s stone.
The perfumers behind Alien essence are Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere, who build the composition on three main lines: the abundant base of white amber, the heart rich in woody notes and the intense floral tip, which flies around the fragrant Indian jasmine.
The opening of the perfume will introduce you to a vaporizing atmosphere, where the floral scents of a paradise field reign. Undoubtedly the dominant aroma is that of jasmine, which is why we recommend the Alien perfume for the night environment. A sensitive amber accord quickly takes all the attention, which makes you think of a resemblance to other oriental-wood fragrances. Everything is a momentary impression because nothing of the following is familiar. The vapors of floral origin appear nonchalantly in the core of the perfume, sliding massively towards the melted wooden base in hot accords of oaky and suede. Discover the Alien perfume, a mysterious and feminine ray that will capture the attention of those around you like a magnet.Be seduced by the soothing solar energy of this extraordinary perfume that depicts distant origins, from other planets.Light jasmine is the aromatic source that emits positive energy.Evokingthesmellofwoodwarmedbythesun, Alienisasensualandintriguingscent, butasrichandsoftasatouchofcashmere.TheAlienperfumeopenswithawonderfulexplosionofjasmine, aflowerthatsurpriseswithitsdualcharacter.Ontheonehand, weidentifythesharp, medicinalaccords, andtheothersidebringstotheforeasweet, overwhelmingsmell.
1. 24 Faubourg By Hermes For Women For sure, a top choice for a strong sillage perfume is 24 Faubourg By Hermes. This is a very sophisticated fragrance, it is soft, sweet and ladylike, but not too flowery.Conceived in 1995 by the famous French perfumer Maurice Roucel, it evokes a rich and delicate aroma of flowers.It is a charm of aristocrats, which after the first spray exudes a luxurious aroma.The name of the perfume 24 Faubourg indicates the address of the main boutique in Paris.The elegant 24 Faubourg perfume has not changed its composition over the years, so it does not come down from store shelves.The beginning of the fragrant route fascinates with a bright aroma that is slightly reminiscent of summer days, thanks to the fresh orange and peach accords in combination with hyacinth petals.The heart is pierced by floral motifs of gardenia, jasmine, iris and orange blossoms.The end of the fragrant route seduces with an addition of wood tones of amber, Vetiver, patchouli and sandalwood.Hermes 24 Faubourg is a persistent perfume that fascinates every woman’s heart, regardless of age, habits or social status.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.