Boots are a good way to progress, but they tend to worry more than they should those who are new to their style.
Through a selection of several looks, we will show you that an outfit with boots is built according to the same principles as those you use on a daily basis (contrasts, material references, etc.), and that it is not so difficult to tame them (whatever the type of boots).
What are our criteria for choosing boots?
When choosing boots, the key is to focus on the materials:
– which bring relief to your outfits,
– which present rich colors.
A boot is a piece with a resolutely masculine DNA. Suddenly, models with earthy shades (variation of brown hues) are often the easiest, not to mention that they avoid you the eternal questioning about the color of the pants you will wear with.
A few tips to know how to choose mountain boots are necessary and useful to both the most inconvenient and those who are skillful (because they will have the confirmation or completion of the strategy they apply when buying mountain bikes).
1. Do not appreciate the quality of mountain boots by price. The price is a good criterion, in general terms, but do not choose your mountain boots by price only. There are brands that offer exceptional quality and comfort at a price that can be 10-15% lower than other “famous” ones. What matters is: the materials used, the foot quality and how you stand in them. Often smaller manufacturers have products of exceptional quality at lower prices than similar names of large names.
2. The first pair of boots must be in the “3 seasons” category. If you are in the position to buy a pair of mountain boots choose from the category “3 seasons” (you can wear it in spring, summer and autumn) and do not get close to the winter boots (4 seasons – heavy and really good only in winter tours), but also by mountain boots, no matter how much the manufacturers praise them. Mountain boots may be the second pair of mountain shoes, but never the first.
3. Search, ask, prove until you reach 3-4 pairs who are comfortable and fit you. What matters and you have to evaluate between a pair and others are some essential features. Mountain boots must be impermeable. On the boot details a serious producer writes this and what are the waterproofing limits of the boot. The sole of the boot is fundamental. Ideal is the vibram soles that ensure adhesion and stability, which supports the foot and sustains the effort of a long walk and has anti-shock properties. Another key criterion is the boot itself that needs to have as few stitches as possible. Boots must be comfy, as light as possible – is one of its basic features. There are no lightweight boots, but their weight must be reasonable and comfortable.
Do not buy “opportunity” boots. Purchase only from genuine stores and requires warranty confirmation. Buy what you like, which makes you feel good, not the boots recommended by your friends.
How to wear boots?
These boots have two characteristics allowing them to fit easily into your looks:
– They are available around shades of gray and brown,
– They have three materials in three different textures.
# 1 – wear boots with formal pieces
Wearing boots with a suit is not something we recommend, in the sense that the style contrast would be too strong.
# 2 – wear boots with a blazer
A chambray shirt, raw jeans and boots: the set works.
However, if you want to bring sophistication to your outfit, adding a contrasting blazer with the pants is another alternative.
# 3 – Wear boots with a parka
Put on a parka, and you’ll be good to go. More seriously, going in the same direction as Long, by wearing boots with a parka, is an interesting alternative. This is even more the case if it shares certain characteristics with the materials you wear (you begin to understand).
# 4 – Wear boots with a sweatpants
For many, a sweatpants is equivalent to a jog. These famous pants that we wear to hang out on Sunday.
We are on a more pointed look, but which has its advantages. The sweatshirt and the sweatpants are pieces with a sporty connotation. However, the goal is not to look like you’ve come out of the gym, hence the need to look after the cuts and materials.
Thus, the pant leg fully reveals the boots. The honeycomb texture of the sweatshirt brings character to the garment, while the blazer once again enhances the ensemble.
# 5 – Wear boots with a sleeveless vest
Boots will often reflect workwear influences. Assembling them to this type of parts is therefore obvious.
We are faced with a good example of straight jeans worn on a beefy figure. The layering waistcoat and shirt complete the brown shades present on the shoes, to create a camaieu in earthy shades, which are the most versatile on boots.
In terms of accessories, a hat is always suitable for a predominantly workwear look.
# 6 – Wear boots with a large mesh
Most of the time, chunky knit rhymes with cardigan, and we imagine a rather classic piece.
Be careful, if the shoulder is cut perfectly, it is a piece that does not seek to refine your silhouette, but to add a certain stature.
Do not go into these kinds of pieces and say to yourself “this will make me look like a V”. But for those who love big hot materials, go for it!
Think about practicality
Realizing that most of us wear boots to go to the office or go out at night, shoe manufacturers have more recently revised their models with more comfortable soles.
With this idea in mind, iconic brands like Dr Martens have revised their manufacturing process to produce lighter versions of their models, especially using less heavy but just as efficient materials. So that your walk is easier and you don’t feel like you’re wearing wooden clogs, pay attention to the weight of your boots.
Men’s boot styles for fall winter 2020
Combat boots directly originate from the military world. From the initial models to the high lacing that was supposed to protect soldiers in the trenches to modern tactical designs, combat boots quickly conquered the fashion world.
The military style is also in vogue lately (we can see it in particular with the success of cargo pants), it is more relevant than ever to wear a pair of combat boots.
The brogue is a style of low-heeled shoe or boot traditionally characterized by multiple-piece, sturdy leather uppers with decorative perforations and serration along the pieces’ visible edges.
If you don’t feel comfortable pairing hiking boots into your look, that’s fine. There are more subtle alternatives for your winter outfits. And in particular one: the brogue boots.
Brogues are a generic category of footwear with small holes that can take the form of boots, brogues, derbies, etc. Find out more in the file on brogues.
A true hybrid between utility and dress shoes, we must not forget that it was created by Irish peasants to walk in the marshes. It can be recognized by its perforations and has the merit, for the models of boots, to associate the solid construction of hiking boots with a more elegant style.
If we had to sum up Chelsea to one quality, it will surely be its versatility. This genuine Swiss army knife for a men’s wardrobe can be worn with a suit or dress pants and a shirt, as well as with jeans and a leather jacket.
You can choose between Chelsea boots in nubuck or smooth leather. If you are not ready to brush and waterproof them regularly, the winter climate being less favorable, prefer the smooth models.
For the sole, be sure to use rubber rather than leather, it will grip better on frozen ground or strewn with slippery dead leaves.