Choose jeans according to your body type
Everyone has a favorite style of jeans, whether it’s the newest pair of skinny jeans. Are skinny jeans still in style 2023? Currently, skinny jeans are the first of the most worn jeans models in several seasons, and do not seem to disappear very soon from the landscape.
However, after wearing the same pair of jeans for so long, you may have slipped into a style rut, always pairing them with the same old items. Well, you can always break out of the routine with Colin’s women’s jeans! Give your boring t-shirt and flip flops a makeover this season.
What is my body type?
Jeans are one of the best fashion investments. You can keep them for years, and while they may fade or tear, they’re still completely wearable. It doesn’t matter if your favorite pair is out of style right now, they’ll be back in style before you know it. Just make sure they still show off your figure. To find the styles that suit you best, use your body type as a guide.
Long legs are made for wearing jeans, so embrace your tall figure all season long! In general, long jeans will look best on your long legs, so avoid cropped styles and opt for ones that end at or past the ankles. Try mom jeans, ripped denim or flared styles to accentuate your figure and show off your lean shape.
If you’re lucky enough to have an hourglass figure, you’ll find that most styles of jeans look good on you. If you want to really show off your figure, however, high-waisted mom jeans or skinny jeans are best. Skinny jeans will cling to the curves of your legs, highlighting your feminine shape. Mom jeans, on the other hand, will draw attention to your defined waist.
Straight bodies have an athletic look, but can look a bit masculine if not dressed correctly. To balance your figure, choose styles that will create shape and curves. Try skinny and mom styles that are mid to high waisted to define the waist well. Matching these styles will help highlight the curves of your thighs, accentuating the feminine aspects of your shape.
Petite figures can often look bulky when wearing denim. To avoid looking like you’re drowning in jeans, opt for cropped, straight and skinny jeans. Because they are shorter and tighter than other styles of jeans, they will fit better to show off your figure. Also consider low- and mid-waisted styles, as high-waisted styles can look uncomfortable.
Don’t try to hide your curves behind casual styles like boyfriend jeans. Excess fabric will only serve to make you look bigger than you are. Highlight your feminine shape with skinny jeans and slightly flared shapes. For the best look, choose dark denim with a mid to high waist.
- If you have curves and your body is hourglass type, wear solid-colored jeans that don’t add extra bulk to your legs so they don’t look thicker.
- If your body doesn’t have curves, you can play around with the proportions of jeans and blouses. If you are wearing skinny jeans, a loose blouse will give you a super-proportioned look. Classic jeans with straight boots will also be flattering, especially if you combine them with tall shoes.
- If you are tall with thin legs, try looking for jeans that are tighter on the thighs and straight jeans on the calves. This will give your legs better proportions, which will make them look longer.
- If you are plus size, you can wear semi-tight jeans complemented with loose blouses and a jacket or blazer that accentuate your figure. The mid shot will be more flattering and you will also have a better fit and control in your mid range. Try to wear one-tone jeans without pronounced wear that can add extra volume.
- High-waisted skinny jeans can be worn anywhere – High-waisted pants have returned to fashion in recent years, so you shouldn’t miss a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans. You can easily include them in office outfits or day outfits. Wear them with a pair of black short boots, ankle boots or stiletto shoes for extra elegance. Short shirts or tops are ideal in combination with skinny jeans with a high waist.
- Choose skinny jeans from stretch denim for more comfort – To be able to wear a pair of skinny jeans and feel comfortable when they are quite molded, choose a pair made of stretch denim. Make sure that they do not stretch too much (read the composition on the label) to make sure that they do not lose the quality of the jeans. A pair of skinny jeans that stretch a little will allow you a lightness when you dress, but also when you wear them.
- You can be casual with skinny jeans with zippers – Details always matter what skinny jeans with zippers prove to us. If you are a woman who opts for the simplest clothes, a pair of skinny jeans with a detail could give you the shine you need. Choose skinny three-quarter jeans that end with some zippers and complete your outfit with a white T-shirt and a pair of black heeled shoes. This casual look is easy to obtain and will instantly highlight your femininity.
- Long white skinny jeans will lengthen your legs – When you can’t wear heels to be taller, you have to solve this through the clothes you wear. It’s not hard to create a look that gives you extra height when you need it. A pair of white skinny jeans will be suitable for skinny petite girls. The jeans must be as long as possible and the top you wear to create a certain continuity of the color of the pants. You can wear T-shirts or blouses a little long, but not too long, as you risk creating an imbalance of the look. Choose a white top or another light color and if you like, you can even wear white skinny jeans with a high waist, being a great solution when you have short legs!
- Over-the-knee boots and shorts are not exactly the perfect combination. But if you like this combination, choose models with high waist and free cut, and definitely made of warm fabrics: wool, tweed, knit.
- Wear colorful skinny jeans in summer if you are petite and skinny – A colorful pair of skinny jeans could be ideal for summer. If you have fine legs and are short, you don’t have to run away from light-colored skinny jeans. They will immediately highlight your feet and will emanate only joy. Choose a pair of coral, pink, blue or green skinny jeans and combine them with light tops in the simplest colors possible. If you feel that you are too short, you can add a pair of fashionable high sandals or heeled shoes to your outfit! Don’t forget some fine accessories for your neck, maybe some voluminous bracelets and a sun hat to protect you from the hot summer rays.
Skinny jeans have been ubiquitous for at least a decade, but they’ve been around for over a century. They are worn by everyone, from politicians to rock stars. What guarantees their success? There aren’t many pieces of clothing that can be worn by… anyone.
As narrow as they are, they fit a wide range of people with completely different tastes, less so when it comes to jeans or skinny pants. Hipsters wear them with the hem turned up, emos accessorize them with wide belts and very low shoes, while the Sloane exemplar (the new type of young aristocrat) wears stripes and prefers high-wasted ones. “Find the skinny jeans” is a game that you can test on any street in the world. As long as people are present, skinny pants are involved.
In Europe, skinny jeans experienced a strong revival both in stores and sales, and in public preference, when the Topshop brand introduced them to the British shelves, first of all. Shepherdson believes that the association of the trend with the punk current “could explain why skinny jeans are so attractive to the British”. But for the rest of the world? When Alexander McQueen launched, in 1996, the low-waisted and leg-hugging trousers, the public opened its eyes to different shapes and cuts of trousers than the ones known. That moment is also associated with the skinny jeans boom.
How did some pants come to exercise such a power of attraction? Especially with all the negative publicity stemming from their name, in a world desperate for equality, even when measures indicate total imbalance. In reality, skinny jeans are elastic and surprisingly democratic, managing to adapt to all backgrounds and social groups. The song “clothes” a vast cultural spectrum: from the next Queen of England, Kate Middleton, to Russell Brand, all musical genres, from Lil Wayne to The Ramones. They are for evening, daytime, prime-time wear. They have become an option for first ladies, such as Samantha Cameron, the wife of British Prime Minister David Cameron, up to Michelle Obama.
As well as the clothing options of the protesters, from the Occupy or Pussy Riot movement to Syrian rebels captured in skinny jeans in the middle of the conflict. Moms, famous or not, wear them during the week when they pick up their kids from school, while the little ones wear them on the weekend. There’s no age limit or, as rapper DMX said, “the minimum size for skinny jeans at Gap is 0 months.” Ronnie Wood (65 years old, member of the Rolling Stones band), Karl Lagerfeld (79 years old, Chanel creative director) or politician Teresa Gorman (81 years old) agree. “The punk revival was the beginning,” Jane Shepherdson, Whistles chief executive, told The Guardian.
The brand’s website contains 14 pairs of jeans, all skinny. Shepherdson says he started wearing them when he was a Clash fan. “I remember they were getting tighter and tighter and I felt like I couldn’t get them up,” says Jane Shepherdson about the evolution of jeans.
More than simple tights, skinny jeans were introduced in a way that helped them spread anyway and everywhere. There are still enough theories, some of them even daring. “If you start looking, you can find forms of skinny pants even in the 18th century, in a movement called Macaronis,” says Sarah Niblock, a professor at Brunel University, UK, who specializes in visual culture. “It was the first British movement that used fashion for its subversive purpose.
They used to wear body-hugging clothes. Niblock thinks there may be a clear connection between Macaronis, cowboys, teddy boys (a British subculture whose followers were inspired by the dandy) to punks.
What to wear skinny jeans with:
Jeans are a staple in every woman’s wardrobe, but finding the perfect pair of skinny jeans can be a challenge. If you’re lucky enough to have found a good pair, then you might be wondering what to wear them with. Here are some tips on how to style your skinny jeans so you can look your best.
A printed top – something with a bit of personality. A printed top can be the perfect way to channel your individual personality and stand out in a crowd. With countless options and designs, you’ll never have a day when you feel like everyone is wearing the same thing as you. Printed tops come in all colors, shapes and sizes, so you’re certain to find one that expresses who you are as an individual! They can be dressed up for a dinner out with friends or even styled over jeans for an easy but chic office look. The possibilities are endless when it comes to styling a printed top, making them the perfect contemporary solution for busy professionals and trendsetters alike!
A simple tee shirt – A simple tee shirt is a wardrobe staple that has stood the test of time. It can be dressed up, or perfect for an everyday casual look. Tees come in a variety of colors and fabrics, so there’s something for everyone. They are usually made of either cotton, linen, or the combination of both. Cotton tees are especially lightweight and breathable, making them great for days that involve warm weather or vigorous activity. Linen tees can provide a slightly dressier feeling and keep you cool in the heat. They may also hold their shape better over time than cotton tees. Whatever type of tee you choose, they make great wardrobe staples that never go out of style!
A cardigan or sweater – A cardigan or sweater is a must-have item in any wardrobe. Not only do they provide warmth on cold days, and complete a cozy look, they also come in a variety of styles to choose from. From classic knits to hooded cardigans, oversized chunky layers to fine and lightweight weaves, there’s something for everyone! Furthermore, sweaters can be transformed into cute cropped shapes for warmer weather, so you get year-round wear out of one garment. Cardigans and sweaters are extremely versatile; pair them with jeans for a casual weekend look or throw one over your power suit for both fashion and practicality.
The shirt – Once you’ve decided you want to wear skinny jeans, it can get tricky deciding what to wear on top. If you choose the wrong top, your look will look disproportionate and may even give the impression of gaps in the waist area. This may be inappropriate for some occasions. Wear your skinny jeans with a classic button down shirt. This type of blouse looks good when tucked into trousers or with all the buttons undone in the front. This is a casual yet sophisticated look. You can try wearing shirts with wider sleeves, ruffles or other designs. This contrasts with jeans that are fitted. Complete your outfit with a pair of heels for a neat look. On colder days, you can also add a jacket or a denim jacket. However, if you’re wearing denim over denim, make sure they’re close shades. If you’ve got your skinny jeans ready, now’s the time to pull out that sweater you’ve been meaning to wear for a long time. Skinny jeans look very nice with sweaters, as the simplicity of the pants and the bulkiness of the sweater create an optimal balance.
The jacket – Want to try a more avant-garde look? Wear a jacket over your skinny jeans. You can add a t-shirt, sleeveless underneath to make the jacket stand out. Heeled shoes or boots will look great with this combination and of course a pair of dark glasses. Black leather jackets look great with light colored skinny jeans. You can also play with different color shades and experiment with looks with a colored leather jacket. A long, oversized jacket like a coat or sherpa jacket will look great with a pair of skinny jeans. It is difficult to wear this kind of jacket with other type of jeans, so enjoy this opportunity! Remove thick jackets from the closet to create an interesting contrast. Longer coats will also keep you warm.
A denim shirt – Denim shirts are perfect for casual or dressy occasions and have been popular for decades. They come in a variety of colors, sizes and styles making them easy to mix and match with other clothes. Denim is lightweight, breathable and durable which makes it comfortable to wear during all seasons. It is also easy to care for as it can be washed separately or with other items on the gentle-cycle setting and tumbled dry on low. For those looking for a timeless wardrobe staple, the denim shirt is a great choice!
A chambray shirt – A chambray shirt is a classic wardrobe staple, due to its ability to transition amongst different occasions. It has been a popular choice for everyday style for decades – and for good reason! Its lightweight fabric, loose silhouette, and subtle plaid print make it wonderfully versatile. A chambray shirt can be dressed up or down; whether worn with jeans, tailored pants, skirts, or shorts. Chambray shirts are available in both long-sleeved and short-sleeved variations making it the perfect option when choosing an outfit from season to season. Its effortless look continues to make a chambray shirt a timeless piece of clothing.
Whenever you’re wearing a short or tucked-in shirt, add a belt. Skinny jeans go really well with a wide belt. This can be a great way to add a splash of color to a monochromatic look. And jewelry goes really well with skinny jeans. This is an opportunity to wear that extravagant chain or those oversized earrings. Skinny jeans, a simple blouse and some jewelry create a chic and trendy look. You can’t go wrong with an oversized bag with skinny jeans. This adds extra volume to the whole look, creating a contrast with the trousers. Take all the things you need, add a few extras and carry that satchel or oversized bag.
TOP Mistakes To Avoid When Wearing Skinny Jeans
1. DO NOT wear classic skinny jeans – choose different patterns, color combinations, splinters, patches.
2. DO NOT wear skinny jeans only in casual outfits – wear them to office outfits.
3. DO NOT wear skinny jeans very light in color – choose darker colors more skinny jeans: black, gray, navy, green, purple.
No matter to match the color or the pattern, important is to feel good wearing it, and why not, as part of your wardrobe to be versatile enough to help obtaining in any day the desired look.
A few solid reason to wear skinny jeans:
Skinny jeans are comfortable, figure-flattering, and versatile. Here are just a few of the many reasons why you should consider wearing skinny jeans:
First and foremost, skinny jeans are incredibly comfortable. If you’ve ever been to a nightclub or music festival, you know that tight clothing can get really uncomfortable after awhile. Skinny jeans allow you to move and breathe easily, without sacrificing style.
Another great reason to wear skinny jeans is that they flatter your figure. If you’re self-conscious about your legs, skinny jeans will make them look slimmer and longer. They also give your butt a nice lift – who doesn’t love that?
Finally, skinny jeans are insanely versatile. You can dress them up or down depending on the occasion. Pairing them with heels and a blazer makes for a great night out look, while throwing on some sneakers creates a laid-back weekend outfit. No matter what your style is, there’s a way to incorporate skinny jeans into it!
So next time you’re standing in front of your closet trying to decide what to wear, don’t forget about your trusty pairs of denim skinnies – they’ll never let you down.