Are Leather Pants Style in 2021?
Leather pants have been around for a very long time. Native Americans, for example, wore leather pants made by the skin of animals. Their history is very long. So, at the question: “are leather pants in style in 2021?” the very short answer is: yes. No doubt that there are so many styles nowadays, that it’s hard to ignore them. From the classic skinny ones, to straight and flared designs, options are not a thing that leather pants lack. So, are leather pants in style in 2021? No doubt that the right answer is yes. If he can be scary, you will see that in reality he is good all around. During the day, we like it worn in a quirky way with a sportswear or casual style.
In the evening, it conquers all hearts again, worn with a pair of heeled boots. It’s very simple, if you had to adopt only one fashionable piece this winter, it would be this one. Let us convince you.
7 rules for wearing leather pants with class
1. Wear it with a sober top – Your leather pants are the ones that will be noticed! Don’t wear it with another piece that tries to steal the show. The best combinations are the simple blouse, the romantic blouse, the white t-shirt… To break up the rock and sexy side of these pants, you can also put on a chunky knit sweater. Not only will your style be at the top, but you will also be warm in your cocooning sweater.
2. Choose the right fit and size – Your leather pants are the ones that will be noticed! Don’t wear it with another piece that tries to steal the show. The best combinations are the simple blouse, the romantic blouse, the white t-shirt… To break up the rock and sexy side of these pants, you can also put on a chunky knit sweater. Not only will your style be at the top, but you will also be warm in your cocooning sweater.
3. We vary from black – When we think of leather pants, we often imagine them black. And yet, there are other colors. The most recommended are red, burgundy, navy blue or even dark brown.
4. Dare to wear the flashy piece … or the total black look – To spice up your look, you can definitely afford a flashy maxi piece. A big, bright orange sweater, a neon pink trench coat, an electric blue handbag… dares the color and the volume. If you’re not a fan of bold colors, that’s fine. The leather pants can also be worn in a total black look. With boots for the rock side, or pumps for the more feminine side, black is far from sad.
5. Be careful with the accessories – To avoid the bling-bling effect, do not wear too conspicuous jewelry such as long necklaces or hoops. We opt for discreet pearls or metal jewelry.
6. Simple is better – Until you manage to get used to the style of leather clothes, it is best to buy slim, simple, classic pants. Only after you start to feel comfortable wearing leather pants can you switch to other now trendy models such as wide or flared ones.
7. Take care of them – Now that you have bought your dream trousers, you must take great care of them. Therefore, it is the case that you are looking for a dry cleaner specialized in leather. Because under no circumstances should leather pants be washed or squeezed in the car! Keep in mind, however, that the skin is a sensitive material that cannot be washed too often without deteriorating or changing its appearance.
Colors are also abundant, black, of course, being the staple look of these pants. Leather pants are very sexy, cool and highlight your shapes. You can’t help but be noticed when you wear these pants. The model of women’s favorite leather pants, the one we see most often on the catwalks and worn by celebrities, is the model of skinny leather pants. But you can also choose another model, flared leather pants, even wider. Especially if you have a lot of extra pounds. Then you can’t wear skinny leather pants, because they will highlight all your flaws.
How to wear leather pants depending on your body shape
If you have wide hips – Having wide hips is not a disadvantage, but simply a feature of your body. However, when it comes to leather pants, the right ones are recommended. Even if you are thin, skinny pants will not benefit you, because they will highlight your hips even more (being molded) and you will look disproportionate. Instead, you can choose pants that fall straight on the leg. Shorts above the ankle will not benefit you either, because they will visually shorten your legs.
If you have short legs – In this case, things are quite simple: avoid pants with the hem above the ankles. If you have seen a pair that you have fallen in love with and that you want with all your heart, you can resort to a trick: wear them with high or very high heeled shoes, which should be the same color as the pants. You also have to be very careful about the waist of this model: opt for high-waisted pants, not low. If your waist is narrow and your pants are low, it is very likely that they, even if they are your size, will slip and thus your underwear will be exposed. In this case, wear a blouse that covers the hips.
If you are thin with long legs – In this case, it is more than obvious that you can wear any model you prefer. However, skinny leather pants are the best option for you.
How To Style Leather Pants?
Some fashion designers claim that leather pants must exist in every wardrobe. The problem is that they do not fit any figure. When you wear them, don’t match them with a leather jacket, because you risk looking like they’re part of a motorcycle gang. Here’s what the leather pants match.
Preferably, do not opt for straight-cut or flared leather pants. Choose a model of tight pants on the body and try to avoid strong colors. Black and brown are the best color options if you want to wear a correct and fashionable outfit.
Do you want to go to an event and you don’t know how making an elegant outfit, if you are going to wear your favorite leather pants?
Wear a casual top or a more transparent veil blouse, and you will give a sophisticated look to the pants as well. Don’t forget to choose elegant shoes. Also, do not abuse the combination of leather pants with sportswear, for example, with T-shirts and sneakers.
The white shirt is a piece of clothing that every woman should have in her wardrobe. If you are not a fan of office style, but from time to time you have to dress formally, for various meetings, it is ideal to have a white shirt in the closet. It can be combined in a thousand ways: with jeans, with a black pencil skirt, with leather pants… And your imagination can still fly.
Leather pants fit perfectly with the denim jacket. Such a combination will never go out of style and is suitable both for leisure, if you complete your outfit with sneakers, and for work, if you choose ankle boots or heeled shoes. If you have black leather pants, then the denim jacket should be in a lighter shade. Leather pants should never be combined with a jacket made of the same material. If you wear molded leather pants, do not combine them with tight blouses or short tops. Always choose oversized shirts or blouses, in as simple shades as possible. It is also not advisable to wear leather pants with blouses with sequins or stones, because you will get an overly loaded outfit.